Career choices, life lessons, struggles and successes. The Bible will continue to be my go to book when I am looking for an answer. After having discussions with those close to me I have began to think more in-depth about some of the verses in the bible that I think everyone should keep close to them as they begin their career. These following verses are some that I think would be helpful for your walk and for the success of your career as an entrepreneur .
1. Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
One of my favorites because in your career, walk, small business, anything if everything is done to glorify God, he will Bless your work.
2. Pride lands me flat on my face, but humility prepares me for honor. Proverbs 29:23
From one of my favorites to one I struggle with the most. Do not let your pride keep you from learning a lesson. Be humble and realize that you can learn something from anyone.
3. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
One of my favorite business heroes is my father, Scott Huggins, talk about a dreamer. If you know him, you know how often he likes to tell you about his dreams and ambitions, if you don’t know him you are missing out. God can dream it bigger for you than you can dream it for yourself. There will be times in your life and in your business when the people around you will not understand the vision God had given you for your business.
4. Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? I fix my eyes on God and soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God. Psalm 42:5
Thank God for the bad days too. Trouble, stress, and sorrow are all just temporary. Always remember who you are and whose you are and everything will be just fine.
5. I fear not, for God is with me; I am not dismayed; for He is my God. He will strengthen me, yes, He will help me, He will uphold me with His righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
One of the biggest things that entrepreneurs struggle with is fear and lack of self-confidence. I deal with it on a continuous basis! When you feel yourself starting to doubt who you are and what you are capable of come back to this verse, then move forward, never backwards, every step and decision you should make should be forward and fearless.
Linkedin: Braxton Huggins
Facebook: Braxton Huggins